It’s the start of a new week. Thanks for hanging in there and persevering. Really plan out your weekly menu and have a plan for victory. Don’t just hope for the best but truly set yourself up for success! This is quite difficult since the rest of my family is not on board the vegan wagon:) So, I make my special food while I make food for the rest of the family. It takes will power and LOTS of prayer!
Vision. What is your vision? Are you afraid to dream and have a vision for your life? Sometimes, we stop dreaming because we don’t want to be disappointed. We’re afraid to fail and we stop trying. What is it that you desire? What do you want your life to look like? What do you want your health to look like? What do you want your relationships to look like? What do you want your spiritual life to look like? Commit to take some time everyday to meditate and visualize these things.
Where there is no vision, the people perish. – Proverbs 29:18
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad From : Closet Cooking
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad *****EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE FETA FOR THE CHALLENGE!
A Mediterranean inspired quinoa salad with juicy tomatoes and cucumbers along with tangy red onions and salty kalamata olives and feta.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup tomato, sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (~1 lemon) or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil, reduce the temperature to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes, and let sit covered for 5 minutes before letting it cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the quinoa, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives, feta and chickpeas and toss in the mixture of the lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
Tip: Cook the quinoa a day ahead to save time.
Option: Add other Mediterranean inspired ingredients like roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts or even avocados.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 261, Fat 11g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 250mg, Carbs 33g (Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g), Protein 9g