Sometimes I feel like the “Little Engine that Could!” LOL..There are days when I am just barely putting one foot in front of the other. It’s OK. We need to accept where we are. Just like life, we’re going to have our ups and downs. Acceptance is key. Don’t try to control or manipulate the situation. Sometimes we just have to roll with the punches. Maybe in the past we used food to numb, drown, or mask our feelings. Not anymore. We are going to deal and use our muscle of self control and perseverance!
1. Friday- Cardio for 40 minutes and 20 minutes of some intense Core strengthening exercises!
2. Food- Here are some great tips on limiting your calories!
- Planning on eating out? If you MUST eat half and bag the rest. An average restaurant entree has 1,000-2,000 calories. Remember that!
- Use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate. Smaller plate = smaller portions.
- Never eat out of a bag or jar! You’re bound to eat more than you should. When dealing with jars/bags take the portion of what you’re eating out and put it on a plate!
- When eating a meal start with the lower calorie food first! It’ll make you filled up so chances are you won’t eat as much of the fattening stuff as you would have!
- Switch to 1% milk. If you drink a glass of milk a day you can lose up to 5 pounds a year.
- Keep a food journal! Once you see what you actually eat, you’ll want to eat less.
- Follow the Chinese saying, eat until you’re eight tenths full.
- Use mustard instead of mayo
- Cut back on sugary calorie filled drinks. Drink water & green tea instead.
- Sit down when you eat, but make sure you’re sitting up straight. You burn 10% more calories that way!
3. Mantra for the day: Amazing results don’t happen overnight, but they do happen over time.
We live in a results dominated world. We want results and we wan it NOW! This can be a bit frustrating when trying to make healthy lifestyle changes. We have to be patient and remember that our weight gain didn’t happen overnight. I think sometimes we expect to lose weight overnight because we look at what the media feeds us, we also see people take drastic measures to lose weight. I’m here to tell you that it will take time to lose weight in a healthy fashion and keep it off. So, enjoy the ride. Don’t get so antsy. Don’t weigh yourself everyday. Stop obsessing. Just make the right choices everyday and you will see changes.
Have a beautiful day! I love you guys and I’m rooting for you:)