Confession of a yo-yo dieter. I abused my body growing up. I struggled with eating disorders. It was pretty much a control issue. If I had an event or a show, I would just starve myself until I could fit into my costumes. I had it down to an exact science. I remember eating one muffin and looking in the mirror and I can tell you exactly where that muffin was on my body and I would run for hours to get rid of it. I definitely did not have a healthy relationship with food. Now, I eat well and if I indulge I don’t beat myself up or think I have to spend hours in the gym to get ‘rid of it’. Life is a journey. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Let’s overcome these unhealthy thought patterns together. The first step is just acknowledging there’s a problem. Changing my mindset was a huge part of the breakthrough. The battle is won in our minds. Change your tapes daily. Encourage yourself:)))
1.) Thursday -Yoga Day!
“What is appearing as poison in the beginning, that will prove nectar at the end.” -Guru
“Prison or Paradise, you decide.”- Lisa P. Yoga Teacher
It took me about three years to LOVE yoga. I was a hard core gym rat, runner, dancer, and I didn’t really think yoga was going to be that challenging so I never took it. One day I was at the gym and there was a yoga class. I decided to take the class because there were no other classes at the time. The instructor was an older lady and was very gentle. I left the gym and didn’t think much about it. The next morning the alarm went off and I seriously could not even move my arm!!! I was so sore in places I never thought possible!!! I definitely underestimated the power of yoga. I didn’t go back until a few years later. I had given birth to my third child and the last of the stubborn baby weight would not come off. I heard about Power Yoga and decided to try it out. I was desperate and it was purely for vanity reasons! What I realized was that yoga was so much more than just a workout. This is where I really learned to balance my mind, body and spirit. I would walk in on some days and swear that that was going to be my last yoga class! I hated it so much! I had to learn surrender and acceptance and that was a huge life lesson for me. I also lost twenty pounds:) So I guess, it works!!!
2.) Food- Holiday Clean Treats!
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- pinch sea salt
- 13-14 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (you could also use mint extract or cherry extract, or orange…)
- Place walnuts and salt in a food processor.
- Process until finely ground.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until all mixed and uniformly crumbly.
- With the machine running, add a few drops of water at a time, just until the mass starts to stick together in a big ball. (Better to add too little that too much!)
- Roll mixture into balls or press into a square pan and cut into squares.
- Balls can then be rolled in dried coconut, chopped nuts, or cocoa powder if you wish.
Taken from: http://triumphwellness.com/healthy-sugar-free-cookies/
Found on Pinterest! Yummmm:))))
3.) Mantra of the Day!-
Love you guys and I’m rooting for you!!!